TELLURIDE, Colorado (May 9, 2018) – On the heels of strong sales and continued growth, American Airlines has added a second daily flight from Dallas-Ft. Worth (DFW) to the Telluride-Montrose Regional Airport (MTJ) this summer. The second DFW flight was initially set for Saturdays only, but will now operate daily from June 7 – August 20, in addition to daily, year-round DFW-MTJ service.
With the added capacity, DFW-MTJ will see a 63% increase on the route over last summer, and a 3x increase over two summers. Overall air service to the region will now increase by approximately 14% this summer with a 41% increase over two years.
Recap of summer flights:
- Chicago (ORD) – MTJ will now run daily from June 7 – October 3
- Houston (IAH) – MTJ will be served on a larger 70-seat aircraft through the summer, June 7 – September 4
- Denver (DEN) – MTJ continues with multiple daily flights year-round
- DFW-MTJ continues year-round with larger aircraft through the summer season and 2x daily June 7 – August 20.
- Phoenix (PHX) – MTJ runs daily June 7 – September 4
- Chicago (ORD) – MTJ runs Saturdays June 9 – August 18
*United flights operated by United or United Express
*American flights operated by American or Envoy